Commercial sewing machines look like a nightmare to many people due to its complicated working mechanism. They can scare even the most experienced tailors, let alone amateurish clothes makers. However, our market now offers numerous simpler designs which are definitely easier to understand and function, and most of all – cheaper. Sewing is undoubtedly one of the most useful domestic skills anyone can have, and it is not limited to grow-ups. Modern sewing apparatus are designed with many safety features, which allows children to experience and have fun also. In this article, we pick out the top 5 sewing machines with the uncomplicated design and easy-to-use mechanism. These models are specially designed for people freshly learning how to sew, but still meet particular standards about performance, build quality, versatility and convenience.
- 1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover
- 2. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
- 3. Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine with 10 stitches including Blind Hem and Zigzag, and 4-Step Auto Buttonhole
- 4. SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with DVD, 10 Presser Feet and Metal Frame
- 5. Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine with Built-in Font for Basic Monogramming
1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover
This table-top machine offers various sewing and quilting options, which comes in a beautifully classy white color and with a digital screen. This flexible and versatile gadget has a special compartment for accessories storage located in its arm, so you can imagination and creativity can be expanded as much as you wish. The feature LCD monitor lets users opt for the right stitch patterns with desirable color, length and width. Talking about stitches, there are 60 built-in types of them (20 decorative stitches, 20 garment construction stitches, 7 quilting stitches, 6 heirloom stitches and 7 auto-buttonhole styles). Your foot would be saved from lots of hard work when there are various automatic features, making speed control, stop and start actions easier and quicker than ever. The sewing area can be easily lit up due to a special light equipped, which helps a lot when you sew on dark materials. Notably, CS6000i is ideally made for quilting in both small and large sized materials.
2. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
This compact lightweight sewing model can work up to 1,100 stitches a minute. Plus, its powerful motor is 60% more advanced than its rivals. The metal-framed model is equipped with stainless steel bedplate and flexible drop-in bobbin, which facilitate sewing movement when you can easily see the thread running and stopping. Making buttonholes is simpler than ever with just one simple step, and there are also various stitch patterns (6 basic stitches, 4 stretch stitches and 12 decorative stitches). SINGER offers frequent and helpful assistance to users by the online app SINGER Sewing Assistant App!, which has plenty of step-to-step guides and video tutorials.
3. Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine with 10 stitches including Blind Hem and Zigzag, and 4-Step Auto Buttonhole
Brother LS2125i is ideal for household sewing due to its lightweightness and flexibility. When operation would be a piece of cake, this beginner-designed sewing machine is great for making both simple and detailed sewing and material alterations. Its complemented step-by-step manual would be your guardian angel showing how easy stitching and button-holing can be. To be more specific about stitches, Brother LS2125i features 10 built-in stitches, including blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches and automatic 4-step buttonhole.
4. SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with DVD, 10 Presser Feet and Metal Frame
This 100-stitch and 10-presser-foot sewing gadget is perfect for both sewing and quilting. SINGER 7258 stands out with the functional and fashionable LED display screen, which shows how long and wide the stitch is. The automatic needle threader along with the easy-to-load drop-in bobbin system facilitate sewing at best, easily delivering 100 stitch patterns, 6 styles of one-step buttonholes and 10 presser feet (zigzag/all purpose, buttonhole, zipper, rolled hem, blind hem, darning and embroidery, overcast, straight stitch, gathering, satin stitch/straight stitch). The 69in-cord machine features Electronic Auto Pilot which enables pedal-less sewing.
5. Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine with Built-in Font for Basic Monogramming
This 18-pound sewing machine wins the heart of many women due to its glamorously flowery decoration and simple features. It is truly an item for sewing newbie when being engineered with 11 sewing and quilting feet – not a big quantity but various enough for users to experience. With 155 built-in stitches, including 8 styles of 1-step auto-sized buttonholes, and 55 alphanumeric stitches, crafty people easily make their dreams come true with this fully-equipped designer-like sewing apparatus. The back-lit LCD screen display makes monitoring thread movement and speed effortless. The sewing area is specially lit when needed to, which facilitates working at night or with dark fabrics. Now you can easily tailor your clothes, bed-wraps or curtains at no cost but just a bit of hard work and time. If you worry about messing it up, the incredibly detailed manual would come in handy, which is made in both Spanish and English.