Manicures and pedicures can be expensive, which is why it will be great if you can do it on your own at home. You just need to have the basic tools, and one of the most important is a nail drill. That being said, in the rest of this post, we will have a quick look at some of the top picks for the best nail drill for beginners and professionals.
Whether you are a novice or a pro, regardless if you intend to use it at home or in a salon, the nail drills mentioned in the rest of this post can prove to be exceptional choices. They are designed with your needs and satisfaction in mind. With these nail drills, it will be easy for anyone to have salon-quality nails.
- Our Top Picks for the Best Electric Nail Drill for Beginners and Professionals
- Makartt JD700 Professional Nail Drill Machine
- Belle Electric Nail Drill Machine
- Beurer Electric Manicure and Pedicure Set
- MelodySusie Compact Portable Electric Nail Drill
- Morpilot 11-in-1 Electric Nail Drill
- Dr. Heiz 11-in-1 Nail Drill Kit
- Fancii Complete Portable Nail Drill System
- ECBASKET Professional Nail Drill Machine
- UTILYZE 10-in-1 Professional Manicure and Pedicure Set
- Subay Professional Electric Nail Drill Machine
- ZENY Complete Nail Drill Machine
- What Can an Electric Nail Drill Do
- What to Look for in an Electric Nail Drill
- Tips and Tricks for Using an Electric Nail File
- Wrap Up
Our Top Picks for the Best Electric Nail Drill for Beginners and Professionals
With the electric drills that will be mentioned in this post, you can drill nails easily, even without investing in professional training. Regardless whether you are a beginner or a pro, there is a nail drill that will be suitable for you.
Makartt JD700 Professional Nail Drill Machine
This is a powerful and professional-quality machine that is capable of delivering an adjustable speed of up to 30,000 RPM. Whether it is shaping, buffing, or filing, among other things that you have to do with nails, this can prove to be a reliable tool. It offers forward and reverse directions, as well as a twist lock chuck that makes the replacement of the drills an easy task. It produces low heat, noise, and vibration, making it comfortable for the user. There is an LED display that shows the current speed at which the drill works.
Belle Electric Nail Drill Machine
Among others, one of the most notable features of this nail drill is the design of the handpiece, which comes with a silicone rubber sleeve. The latter will protect the hand from the heat and vibration that can be produced by the unit. Meanwhile, there is a foot pedal for a more versatile operation if you do not want to use your hand. It also has forward and reverse directions, making it great for both right and left-handed users. Equipped with a powerful motor, it offers variable speed at a maximum of 30,000 RPM.
Beurer Electric Manicure and Pedicure Set
Getting salon-quality nails at home will be a lot easier with this nail drill kit, which is conveniently packaged in a case to keep everything organized. It is inclusive of ten attachments that can be changed without having to exert too much effort. Sapphire and felt are the main materials used in these attachments, guaranteeing their long-term functionality. It is also user-friendly, promising to deliver exceptional results even if you are a beginner. The LED light is also a plus, which will provide the illumination that you need to work precisely on the nails, even in an area that is poorly-lit.
MelodySusie Compact Portable Electric Nail Drill
This multifunctional drill comes with six metal bits, which are capable of delivering multiple uses. There are also six sanding bands, which you can use for carving, polishing, and cutting, among others. Meanwhile, for the speed, you will be able to have it customized from 0 to 20,000 RPM depending on what a specific application requires. There is a conveniently placed button that makes it a snap for you to control the speed. Lastly, the nail drill comes with a six-month warranty, which is quite short.
Morpilot 11-in-1 Electric Nail Drill
This FDA-approved nail drill is another product worth considering. With the 11 attachments included, you can be confident that it will be able to deliver multiple functions. It also comes with six nylon wheels. To make it even more versatile, the speed is adjustable from 0 to 20,000 RPM depending on the task that you need to complete. More so, you will also like how it comes with both clockwise and counter-clockwise operation, making it perfect for both right and left-handed users. Lastly, with its pen shape, it is lightweight and compact.
Dr. Heiz 11-in-1 Nail Drill Kit
This is another multifunctional nail drill that you have to include on your options. There are 11 meta-bits included, each with an individual function. Changing the drill will be almost effortless on your end and there is no need to use any tool. Plus, it is compact and lightweight, making it great when it comes to portability. For the speed, you can have it adjusted from 0 to 20,000 RPM. Even if you choose a high-speed setting, there is no need to worry that it will create too much vibration or a loud noise.
Fancii Complete Portable Nail Drill System
With this nail drill, you will get five interchangeable heads for buffing, shaping, and filing nails, among other things. There is also a built-in UV system, which will come handy when it comes to quickly drying nail polish. One thing that sets it apart from most of the products mentioned in this post is the fact that it is cordless, which will make it convenient to use. It uses two AAA batteries, but they are not included as part of the kit upon purchase. The nail drill comes with a well-designed and ergonomic handle for your comfort.
ECBASKET Professional Nail Drill Machine
You will have all the attachments that you will need for nail drilling with the use of this machine, which is rated for professional use. Whether you intend to carve, cut, or polish nails, among other tasks, you will enjoy working with this equipment. The nail grinders are made of durable acrylic and are easy to replace. This is also excellent in terms of versatility, basically because there are two modes of operation. You can operate it by hand or by foot, depending on what you are most comfortable with.
UTILYZE 10-in-1 Professional Manicure and Pedicure Set
This 10-in-1 set is complete with everything that you will need for a manicure and a pedicure. Aside from having a lot of attachments, this is also well-loved because of the 10-speed motor, which is a significant improvement from most of the products with only one or two-speed settings. The touch control panel is also great, making it more innovative compared to others. Meanwhile, with the detachable LED light, you can enjoy illumination for more accurate work.
Subay Professional Electric Nail Drill Machine
When you purchase this nail drill machine, the kit is already inclusive of six drill bits and 100 sanding bags. It is a compact and portable machine, which you can easily bring anywhere. However, it should be noted that it is not cordless, so you need to have it plugged in a source of power while being used. To make it durable, it comes with an automatic overload protection, preventing the internal components from overheating.
ZENY Complete Nail Drill Machine
With a maximum speed of 25,000 RPM, this is one more product that is worth looking at. It is designed with an innovative ventilation system to prevent the unit from overheating, which is also important for your comfort as you hold the handpiece. It also produces low noise and vibration so that it will never be annoying when used. Meanwhile, with the twist and lock chuck system, replacing the grinders will not require too much on your part. Lastly, you can easily switch from foot or hand mode, depending on which method of use is preferred.
What Can an Electric Nail Drill Do
If you still have hesitations in investing in an electric nail drill, it will help to know what exactly such a tool can do. Once you are aware of its multiple functions, you can be easily convinced that you need one, even if you are not a technician working in a salon.
There are many ways by which an electric nail drill can be functional, such as for lifting old acrylic from the nails, repairing cracks, sanding the nails as a preparation for the application of a polish, removing calluses and rough spots, fixing cuticles, and shaping the nails, among others. An electric drill comes with a variety of attachments that will allow it to deliver several functions in one equipment.
What to Look for in an Electric Nail Drill
To make it easier to narrow down the possibilities and arrive at the right decision, these are some of the most important things you have to take into consideration:
- Source of Power: The most powerful electric nail drills are those that are electric-powered. They have a cord that you have to plug in the source of power. For beginners, on the other hand, cordless and battery-operated nail drills will be sufficient, although they are not as popular as their counterpart.
- Type of Nails: Generally speaking, there are two types of nails – natural and acrylic. Not all electric drills will work on both types, which is why you need to look at the technical details of the product.
- Attachments: For versatility, you will benefit from choosing a product that comes with a lot of attachments, especially if you are a professional. With the attachments, you will be able to do more using the machine, not just filing nails.
- Ease of Use: This is especially an important consideration for beginners. Look at the user-friendly features. For instance, changing the attachment should be easy. It should also not require too much on your end when it comes to care and maintenance.
- Comfort: Your comfort should also be a priority. This is possible by choosing a nail drill with an ergonomic design, which will be easy for you to handle. It will also help if the machine produces low heat, noise, and vibration, as it operates.
- Modes of Operation: This is important for the electric nail drills for professional use. Many of the premium models are capable of being switched from hand to foot operation, depending on what you prefer.
- Speed: You will benefit from choosing an electric nail file that comes with customizable speed. With the latter, you can customize the number of rotations per minute, depending on the specific task that you need to complete.
Tips and Tricks for Using an Electric Nail File
To make the most out of your tool and to be assured of the best outcomes, here are some of the most important things that you have to keep in mind:
- Start with the proper preparation of the nails. Whether the nails are natural or artificial, you need to clean them first. In the case of most models of electric nail drills, they have attachments that you can use for cleaning and buffing.
- Choose the right type of bit or attachment, depending on what needs to be done. Remember, the bits do not have a universal design. They are made for a specific task.
- Good control and hand balance will be important, especially for your safety. You have to hold the handpiece like how you would hold a pencil. Be sure to have a firm grip. Using it in the incorrect angle can affect the quality of the outcomes.
- Keep the electric nail drill clean. Pay attention to its care and maintenance for it to be reliable in the long-term. It is important that you disinfect the bits right after every use and to keep them in the right place.
- Follow the instructions from the manufacturer at all times. It will also help to keep on practicing with your nail drill. It won’t take long before you can gain mastery of its use.
With the nail drills that have been mentioned above, manicures and pedicures will be a lot easier. Whether you are just learning to do it in the comfort of your own home or you are already working as a pro in a salon, the products mentioned above will not bring regrets. From quality to functionality, they deserve to be included on your list.